Sokar WordPress Theme
Thank you for purchasing my theme . Please read this document and explore the item comments and FAQ items for further information and help.
Don't Forget If You Like It, Rate It !
Installing Sokar Theme
Uploading Sokar via FTP to Wordpress
Download the zipped theme pack to your local computer from themeforest and extract the ZIP file contents to a folder on your local computer.
- In the extracted folder you will find 'Sokar.zip' Extract this file .
Using an FTP client to access your host web server
Upload the Theme files in the extracted folder called 'Sokar' to wp-content/themes directoryprovided by WordPress.
Visit Administration > Appearance > Themes, under the Manage Themes tab, under the Available Themes, if necessary navigate to the page displaying that Theme, then click the Activate link to make the Theme, the Current Theme.
Installing Sokar from the WordPress Dashboard
- Download the zipped theme pack to your local computer from themeforest and extract the ZIP file contents to a folder on your local computer.
- Log into your WordPress admin panel and click on the “Appearance” tab.
- Now click on the "Add New Themes" tab.
- Click on the "Upload" button, "Browse" for file called Sokar.zip In the extracted folder select "Open".
- Click the "Install Now" button.
- Activate the theme from this page, OR "Return to Themes Page" and activate from there
Setting Up Logo
Login to Wordpress Admin
Click Sokar Theme Options
Click the Left Sidebar Settings Tab .
Click upload .
Select your logo image to upload.
Once uploaded click "Use this image" .
Make sure you’ve selected "Full image" for the image size.
To set pattern for the background.
- Go to Sokar > Styling tab .
- Set Background Type as pattern .
- Set the background color .
- Select any of the patterns for the background image.
Setting Up a Background
- Login to Wordpress Admin
- Click Sokar Theme Options
- Click the Styling Tab .
- Set Background Type as Custom Background .
- Click upload .
- Select your Background image to upload.
- Once uploaded click "Use this image" .
- Make sure you’ve selected "Full image" for the image size.
- Set other options as you want .
- If you want to display the image as full background check 'Full Screen Background' .
Setting up the Portfolio
To set up the portfolio, create a new page by navigating to Pages > Add New. Give it a title, select the "Portfolio" template from the Page Attributes section and click Publish. Your portfolio page is now ready to showcase the portfolio items.
Adding Portfolio Items
To add a new portfolio item, navigate to Portfolios > Add New.
Here you can add the title of the project, a description in the main text editor, enter project details (client, Year , Skills , url), and assign various categories.
Set preview image
You have to set a "featured image" to each portfolio item that will be diplayed on the portfolio page. To do so, upload an image and set it as featured image.
Set the single page Header
Choose what is the sigle page header will display Featured Image , Featured Image with lightbox , Images Slideshow or a Video
Adding images in the Images Slideshow
Choose Images slideshow from page Header Displays list then press on "Add New Image" and upload your image or choose an image from media library and press on "use this image" button
Choose Video from page Header Displays list then add your video Embed Code , Youtube Video Url or Vimeo Video Url
Enter the project details
You can specify the client, Year , Skills and url of the project.
Adding Portfolio Categories
To categorise your portfolio items, you can assign categories to them within the Portfolio Categories Box. Assigning categories to the portfolio items will allow the users to filter your portfolio by categories. Also the categories will be displayed when hovering each portfolio item's thumbnail You can create new categories by navigating to Portfolio > Portfolio Categories or you can directly create them from the portfolio item page.
Setting up a Gallery page
This theme comes with a Gallery template that allows you to showcase your images or videos .
To set up a gallery, create a new page by navigating to Pages > Add New. Give it a title, select the "Gallery" template from the
Page Attributes section and click Publish.
Use " Sokar - Images Options " box to manage your gallery:
- Choose the Gallery layout .
- Upload your images by using the "Add New Item" Button.
If you want to open a Youtube or Vimeo video within the lightbox, specify the url in the "Video Link URL" custom input.
Full Width Page/Post
In post edit page , Select 'full Width' image from Sidebar Options As shown in below screenshot.
Shortcodes make it simple to insert elements like buttons, boxes, columns etc. without any knowledge how to code HTML. Shortcodes work in posts and pages .
Thanks so much to
- jquery isotope
- jQuery tipsy plugin
- jQuery tweet! plugin
- jQuery Tools Tabs
- jQuery COLOR PICKER plugin
- jQuery checkbox plugin
- DIRECTION-AWARE HOVER
- Webfonts with Google fonts
- WP-PageNavi Plugin
- Subtle Patterns
- Premium Pixels
- Socail Icons
- Some patterns
- Photos used in the demo site from :
Picture Taker 2,